Sunday, April 11, 2010

what is sleep? and other questions I ask myself daily...


Holy Serengeti, has it been a long time. I didn't realize just how long until I realized I needed to update my profile info, as much of it has changed. Apparently a lot can happen in about a year. :)

Two weeks until I am officially a graduate of Eastern Michigan University. I started doodling in class the other day (which for drawing neanderthals like me, consists of random words and sentences) and ended up starting a running list of things I will miss about EMU. Some highlights:

I Will Miss:
-the walk to the campus library
-lunch on Mondays with James
-hanging out at the Student Center with Lindsey on Wednesday afternoons
-watching different student groups play volleyball and basketball with Jaz, and providing our own awesome commentary
-staking out my chair on the first day of class
-the laughter at the VISION office
-free movies on Friday nights
-Sidetrack Bar & Grill
-making fun of MSU
-living in an area with ten pizza joints within five miles
-living in close proximity to friends who not only understand your life, sympathize with your stresses and acknowledge the insanity of college debts, but will still listen while you complain for the upteenth time about how poor you are and how some days it seems like the only thing that keeps you going is Starbursts and absolute hysteria.

This growing nostalgia I'm feeling is definitely connected at least partly to the fact that this place - even my dorm - has in some ways been the one constant in my otherwise completely insane life over the past three years.

2 comments:

Li said...

It's good to here how you're doing! I often wondered if your blog was done for good -and now here you are! Congrats on graduation. :) Enjoy it. Plans for what comes after?

Linz said...

Thanks! It's good to be back. :)

See my profile blurb for my most recent career plans. ;)

Honestly, I have no idea...Gina and I are actually seriously talking about relocating to one of the Carolinas after we both graduate this spring...we have some plans for the summer, so it would probably not happen til fall. But who knows? I'm keeping my options open... :)