Sunday, April 18, 2010

where's my other sock? why is it 45 deg. in April? what song is the guy in the room above me singing in the shower? and other unsolvable mysteries...



My life has currently devolved to the point where I feel quite comfortable claiming hermit status. The only real human contact I've had in the past day are the exchanges between myself and the employees at the eatery. This is how dedicated (pathetic) I have become about school. Seriously though, I have concluded that if I mess up this week, my last week of undergraduate final exams, I shall never forgive myself. Thus my voluntary vow of isolation.

Socks are quickly becoming the bane of my existence. I've lost three more socks in the past week...can someone explain to my WHY it's ALWAYS an uneven number?! On the plus side, my feet are toughening up at a very fast rate from my almost exclusive use of flip flops over the past week-and-a-half. What I should be doing is practicing walking on my heels, so when I walk next week I don't trip and fall on my face. There are obvious downsides to avoiding heels for the majority of ones' adult life. :S

So on Thursday, my prof. for my Honors Ghost Stories Lit class is allowing us all to vote on which film we want to watch during our final exam period (she's giving us a take home final to bring to class already completed). As there's only about eight of us in the class, we're having issues agreeing. I feel guilty though, because I realized that Kristin and I both want to watch the Robert Downey Jr. film "Heart & Souls", and based on the fact that both of us are going to vote for it, and everyone else has their own films they want to watch, by default we will be watching "H & S." Well, I should probably clarify: I think I SHOULD be feeling guilty. Mostly I'm feeling powerful and manipulative. Probably should work on that. :D It really is so hard not to enjoy getting ones' way, though.

So I have four people I've promised to get together with next week, and as I stare at my day planner (which looks like it's been hijacked by the uni-bomber who's scribbled tiny illegible codes in it), I see no free time jumping out at me. I should hold a drawing, and whoever wins gets to have lunch with me on Tuesday, for about 15 min. between my work at the VISION office and my meeting with Professor Norton. Seriously, though, leaving campus for good next weekend is really starting to make me miss everyone around here already. In all likelihood I will just have to postpone sleeping until next week, and see everyone here that I love at least one more time, if only to say goodbye...

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Love the blog Linz! :) I almost never wear socks around the house, I'm a rebel like that. lol I have not seen "Heart and Souls" yet, I need to check that out. I may have seen it years ago, but I don't remember it. lol By the way, it's cool if you are a hermit at the moment, me and Old Ben Kenobi (I wonder if he's Obi-Wan Kenobi, huh) know that only the coolest people are hermits. :-P