Tuesday, April 20, 2010

All-nighters: productive? Yes. Conducive to sanity? Maybe not.


Right now I literally feel like I could sleep for two days straight. Taking a five-minute breather from the final exams study grind...thinking about going to the "Snack & Study" event tonight, cause a) it will be nice to be around other people again, and b) Jas just told me there's going to be free food. Yes, I am that pathetic. :)

So I ran into Alex yesterday at the eatery, whom I haven't seen or talked to since last semester...it was awesome to catch up with him. And his boyfriend was with him, so I got to meet the infamous Remy, and amazingly enough, he lived up to his rather outrageous reputation. I don't think I've laughed that much in literally weeks. It's so awesome - sometimes right in that moment when I'm really down, someone's suddenly in front of me that encourages me in exactly the way I need. It's comforting to be reminded that Someone a whole lot smarter and more observant than I am is in charge.

Alternating between listening to Mikeschair's "Let the Waters", Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music"...a good idea of just what a neurotic state I'm currently in. :D

2 comments:

Li said...

...I love the picture featured in this post. Good luck (maybe too late?) on your finals. Aside from the circus, any exciting plans for the future? I did debate piracy (the old-fashioned kind, no the digital kind) for awhile. ;)

Linz said...

Heehee - I love the pic too. :)

I honestly have no definite career plans at this point...as both Gina and I are graduating this semester, and neither of us really have ties to this area anymore (besides our siblings) we are actually talking about relocating to a completely different (job options high) area - possibly one of the Carolinas?? But I don't know! I'm trying to keep an open mind at this point, as I'm about to start the job search grind...

Thanks for the good luck wishes! :)